The short video fragment is a check that requires the user to record a short voiced video to prove that they are a live person.
Requirements for the Short Video Fragment Check
- A stable internet connection;
- A computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10, a Mac with OS X 10, or a mobile device with a web browser*.
*Here’s a list of all the browsers that support the process of liveness verification.
Please use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari (on IOS) or any other browser.
If you are passing the check via your desktop, we recommend using Google Chrome for the best experience.
Due to iOS restrictions, it is only possible to pass the video fragment check using Safari. When working with Windows, you’ll need:
- A working webcam and microphone;
- Google Chrome (version 51 or later) or Mozilla Firefox (version 47 or later).
Passing the Check
- Read the brief instructions on the screen. Make sure that it is not too dark in the place where you plan to make the recording. Refer to this link for more tips;
- If prompted by your browser, allow access to your camera;
- Position your face in the frame and prepare to start the recording;
- Hit the red ‘Record’ button;
- Pronounce the digits that appear on the screen;
- Press ‘Stop’ when you are done.