You may be asked to verify your bank card when registering your account or when confirming a transaction or transfer. Bank cards are checked for security and compliance purposes.
Bank Card Verification Steps
- Create an account/request a transaction. Each time you attempt to open an account with a regulated entity or complete a transaction, you are asked to confirm the bank card that you plan to use for it.
- Add a bank card: Take a photo of your bank card and upload it to the system. Make sure the data on the card is clearly visible*. To learn more about the requirements for uploaded photos, please refer to this article.
- Wait for the data to be verified: The data on the card is matched against your profile.
- Confirm card ownership before making a transaction: upload a selfie with the card in hand or pass a liveness check to prevent fraudsters from posing as you.
- Receive a status message: The system informs you of successful verification or explains what needs to be done in order to get verified. If you have the reasons to believe your application was wrongly declined, please follow the link in the message to contact support.
*Please note that Sumsub observes PCI DSS, so the sensitive data extracted from payment cards will be concealed and never saved within the system. In some countries it is required to cover part of the card number (except the first and last four digits) with a sticker. Please follow your local verification requirements.