Identity verification may be required when opening accounts in order to ensure safety and compliance. Verification normally takes around 60 seconds and includes document-based verification or operator-assisted video streaming.
Identity Verification Steps
- Create an account/request a transaction. Each time you attempt to sign up for a regulated entity or commit a financial operation, you are asked to confirm your identity by taking a photo of your ID and uploading a selfie with it, passing a liveness check, or taking an agent-assisted video call.
- Upload an ID document: Take a photo of your ID and upload it to the system. To learn more about supported ID types, please refer to this article.
- Wait for the image to be checked. Make sure the photo of your ID is authentic and clear, and that all the important information is easy to read - this will save you time. To learn more about the requirements for uploaded photos, please refer to this article.
- Upload a selfie with your ID document or pass a liveness check (if required): Make sure your face is clearly visible within the camera frame and that you follow the instructions given by the system or pass an operator-assisted check: Join a live call with an operator. To learn more about what to do during the call and answering the operator’s questions, please refer to this article.
- Receive a status message: The system informs you of successful verification or explains what needs to be done in order to get verified. If you have the reasons to believe your application was wrongly declined, please follow the link in the message to contact support.